I've noticed that a lot of people have been posting, on Facebook or blogs, one thing they are thankful for each day of November. I would rather just list 30 things I'm thankful for right here, right now, and get it out of the way
I am thankful for:
1) My given family. Dysfunctional as they may be, I wouldn't know respect without my father. I wouldn't know how to turn on the oven without my mother. I wouldn't know the unconditional love of children without my sister. I wouldn't know the depth of familial bonds without my brother.
2) My chosen family. My husband and my dog. When one pisses me off, the other one is there to make me smile.
3) Seriously, my husband. It has been a rough ride so far, but that man is just as stubborn as I am and he has stuck to me like glue through all the twists and turns.
4) My friends. I don't have a lot of them, but seeing them each settle into happiness has taught me what it is to truly be happy for another person.
5) My job. I am so thankful to be able to say that I have a job that I love. I truly enjoy going to work every day, and I am thankful that it is a job that I can take with me if need be. I am granted an opportunity to help people improve their lives in so many ways, and that improves my life.
6) The gym. If it weren't for the gym, well, I wouldn't have a job. But I also wouldn't have anywhere to go when I just need to get away and clear my head for a bit.
7) My health. I am a ridiculously healthy person. Sure, I get recurring shingles, and that sucks, but in the big scope of things...shingles isn't a big deal.
8) Chick flicks. "13 Going on 30", "P.S. I Love You", and "Love, Actually" have gotten me thru some sad times.
9) My driver's license. After 18months without it, I will never take it for granted again.
10) My lack of a car payment. One less thing to worry about.
11) Veterans. 'Nuff said.
12) My Catholic school education. I may have hated every day of every year I spent in Catholic school, but I will admit that I got a better quality education than I would have otherwise.
13) Our home. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, with food in the fridge, and a place to lay my head at night.
14) My hubs again. The 14th is his birthday, and I am thankful to have a reason to have cake.
15) BankShots, my cousin's bar. Best therapist's office/family reunion venue ever.
16) The Army- they provide my mortgage payment, health insurance, and education.
17) The Ravens. Real men wear purple.
18) 5:30am. No matter how bad I slept, how bad the day before was or the day ahead is going to be, at 5:30am Monday-Friday, I get to plaster on a smile and face my first client of the day with the hopes that the day will run smoothly.
19) Edy's Creamy Coconut Bars. Yum.
20) My Keurig. One cup of coffee, hot chocolate, or tea coming right up.
21) Holidays with my family. They are becoming fewer and farther between, and I cherish every one I am blessed with.
22) The distance between my family and I. We are close enough to make the trip if desired or necessary, but not so close than anyone is just going to "drop by".
23) Books. A getaway lies just beyond the cover.
24) Hot guys with their shirts off. Thank you, Channing Tatum.
25) Good music and the ability to hear it.
26) Birth control pills. I'm not a mom for a lot of reasons.
27) Video games. They provide the necessary break for the hubs when he needs his down time.
28) Guitars. Man, I do love listening to him play.
29) Christmas and all things Christmas related. Movies, cookies, music, smells...all of it.
30) The beach. Every beach. Any beach.