Tuesday, October 23, 2012

~* Wanting To Be Needed *~

I think everyone wants to be needed, to feel like their very presence is important to someone else. I know I do, and I was lucky enough to have that wish satisfied yesterday.

The hubs and I had a good talk last night. He has fallen into a funk too, because he hasn't had a lot of time to get into the gym and he feels like he has gotten fat and sloppy. Just for the record, he isn't fat or sloppy-looking, but I completely understand how he feels. He told me that he feels like I am the one person he can depend on to make sure he gets into the gym regularly. Blew my mind.

I know it's my job to make sure other people get a good workout on a regular basis, but I never really thought about how I might have an impact on the hubs' workout schedule. Even when we go to the gym together, we never work out together, so I figured he would rather be on his own or with "the guys". I can't explain the awe I felt at hearing how important a push from me is. So, we decided on a plan- even if I've already worked out for the day, I'll stick around and do some extra cardio or something to make sure the hubs has no excuse for not getting to the gym regularly. And, I've learned (yet again) not to jump to conclusions- just because he's big and brawny doesn't mean he can't use a woman's strength every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."