Monday, October 22, 2012

~* Come On, Get Happy *~

That's what I have been telling myself all day. Come on, get happy.

I've been in a funk for a while, and I'm tired of it. The only thing I can control is how I look at things, so it's time to switch it up.  I realize I have a tendency of getting stuck on the negatives, and I lose sight of the positives. That's what I've been doing with my marriage. I can't expect good things to happen if all I'm looking for are the bad things. So, it's time to remind myself.

I have a damn sexy hubby. He has a steady job and a mode of transportation. He supports me, financially and emotionally. He loves me the best he can, and he does it even when I'm being a complete horrible bitch to him. He loves my cooking and he loves my job. He encourages me to be better at everything, but never tells me I'm not good enough. He loves our silly little dog. He has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. He's good at his job, and he will probably never know how proud I am of him. I have no doubt that if I had an emergency, he would drop everything and move heaven and hell to get to me. And I am fortunate enough to know that is a mutual feeling. We may argue and bicker and scream and give the silent treatment, but I believe that our marriage is rock solid. I have a partner, and maybe it's just my turn to pick up the slack. He'll do it for me when it's his turn. That's what partners do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."