Tuesday, October 16, 2012

~* Funny How Things Work Out... *~

Just yesterday, I had decided to just start taking care of myself again, and letting everyone else take care of themselves. And I was on a really good 8ish-hour roll.

Then the hubs came home. And we just clicked! Like magic! I know it won't last, but the realization that maybe when I start taking care of myself, the rest will fall into place is pretty overwhelming right now. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm more than a little bit of a control freak, and I like to know that everything is done and clean and in its place, and I have always believed that if I don't get it done, and NOW, it won't ever get done....so I'm in awe right now.

The hubs called to let me know when he was on his way home from work, and I started dinner. I didn't wait for him to get home- I guess he got stuck in traffic. I was almost finished my dinner before he made it home. He got his plate, cleaned up the dishes, and sat down to talk. We didn't have a really in-depth conversation about anything, but we managed to talk. We even managed to laugh! Like, he almost fell off the couch and choked on his food laughing!

After dinner, he fell asleep for a little bit, and I didn't worry about it. I was busy FB messaging with a friend of mine. When he woke up, he took out the trash and finished loading the dishwasher...and we had some *ahem* adult time!

I've decided not to over-analyze this one, and just enjoy it. Days like yesterday make all the rest of the crap worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."