Monday, June 27, 2011

~* Couples Who Sweat Together...*~

We've both been working out lately, but he does it during his lunch break, and I do it at home before work. Yesterday, we finally got to go to one of the gyms on post together. I gotta admit, the first one he took me to intimidated the hell out of me. It was one level, all the equipment was squished together, and there was only one other female. I know that's the one Mr. M really wanted to go to because it has a protein bar in it, but I just couldn't picture being comfortable there. So he took me to another one, which turned out to be much better. It has an upper level just for cardio, the machines on the lower level are more spread out so you don't feel like someone is right on top of you, and it wasn't too crowded.

We spent about an hour and a half at the gym. I spent an hour doing cardio upstairs, listening to some reggae while pedaling thru a hellish program on the bike. Mr. M laughed at me listening to reggae while working out, but I love it. I hate cardio with a passion, and reggae helps me relax and get thru it with a smile on my face. After that, he came up to get me and show me how some of the machines work, which was helpful. If you've never spent an abundance of time in the gym, it can be kind of scary.

We didn't spend a lot of time "together" at the gym, but we've both been so stressed lately that I think it definitely helped to just be able to say "Hey, I know we're both freaking out right now, so let's go distract ourselves for a while". When we got home, we just curled up and watched a movie for a while, which was nice, too. I hope he has some luck trying to figure out this BAH situation today. If not, I don't know how we're gonna pay rent on Friday. We've used all my money just trying to make it thru this month. So, fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."