Sunday, March 17, 2013

~* Partners In Paleo *~

People tend to think Paleo is either really complicated or really boring. It can be either, sure, but it doesn't have to be. Especially with a partner.

During the week, I do tend to keep things boringly simple. It just makes my life easier. I'm up at 4am Monday thru Friday. No, I don't want to waste time thinking about what to have for breakfast. I have lunch right after my workouts, when I'm starving and in no mood to decide what to have for lunch. And, if I can pop dinner right in the microwave so I can sit down and study at the end of my day, well, the easier the better.

Breakfast is usually 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 strips of bacon, and whatever fruit I decided on that week (this week it will be strawberries and blueberries). Lunch is a tuna-stuffed avocado. Dinner is some kind of meat (currently, grilled pork chops), a green veggie (Brussels sprouts), and sometimes a sweet potato. Bam, easy.

But, on the weekends, J. and I usually make one meal together. Well, he makes the meal, I make dessert. And I say usually, but really, it's only been the last 2 weekends. I'd like to keep it up though. ANYWAY- this weekend, he made burgers from ground sirloin and ground bacon. We had planned to use Portobello's as the "bun", but we couldn't find any regular sized ones. So, we prepped sweet potatoes to use instead, but these are definitely knife-and-fork burgers. SOOOOO GOOD!!! And for dessert, I made dark chocolate cherry brownies, which are simply delicious.

I love doing this because it forces me to get creative. He'll text me early in the week saying "We're having .... for dinner on Saturday. Dessert's on you.", and it forces me to get creative and put a little effort into it. I appreciate him so much for that. Sometimes, we need a little push to prevent us from getting lazy or trapped in the meat-and-veggies mindset. So, grab your partner, and get busy in the kitchen!! (Perv.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."