Thursday, March 7, 2013

~* And I Was Running *~

Thinking of Forrest Gump.

I did it!! I freakin' ran today!!! It was only for 60 seconds at a time, thanks to my C25K app on my nifty iPhone, but it was definitely a run. And it felt amazing. I feel like for the first time in my life, I have a pretty solid grip on my breathing control and belief in my no-longer-smokers-lungs' capacity, so that takes a lot of the scariness out of it. I actually felt like I could have run a little longer than a minute at a time, but I figure these people designed this app with some kind of insider info, and I should probably just trust their judgement.

I couldn't have done it without some incredible inspiration from one of my clients and the genius who helped me pick out my running shoes. I think he was spot-on with the barefoot style- I love them! And he suggested we run this weekend- just a short run- but his support means the world to me. I am such an incredibly lucky person, to be blessed with so many amazing people in my life.

I can't wait for the Run for the Ribbons 5K in 4 weeks, and then the Color Run in Baltimore!! I'm so excited to be going "home", even if just for a weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."