Monday, March 19, 2012

~* No, That's Not Creepy At All *~

Last night, I went to take the dog out around 9:30pm. I always take him out right before I go to bed so he doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night like "hey, uh, you forgot something". On my way out the door, I noticed a piece of paper on the ground. I tossed it inside, and we went for our walk.

When we got back inside, I looked at the paper. It had a phone #, and it said "Text Me, John". Who the fuck is John, and how does he know where I live?? 'Scuse the language, but those were my very first thoughts. So, I locked all the locks on the door, and indulged my curiosity. I texted the number, asking who it was and why they were leaving notes at my door. Then, I did the "sensible" thing, and let the hubs know about it.

Way wrong move. He went into super-defensive-husband mode, which is one of the things I both love and loathe about him. He passed the # along to a buddy of his, who he designated to be my guard dog before he left. Then he actually went so far as to inform the sheriff's office! I think that's a little extreme, but whatever makes him feel better. In the meantime, "John" texted me back to say he is "a man trapped in the beauty of a woman". I flat out told him that was creepy. After a while, I received a reply acknowledging that it could be taken in a creepy way, but he really is just shy, and asking for forgiveness. I conceded, but made sure to mention the fact that the hubs knows about all this.

So, I still don't know who John is, or how he knows which apartment is mine. When I get off the computer, I'm taking the .380 to the gunsmith, and I'll be shopping for a new 9mm. Just to be on the safe side =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."