Monday, February 27, 2012

~* Estrogen In The Air *~

Yesterday, I had a girl date. Actually, I organized a girl date. Anyone who knows me realizes this is completely out of character for me. It's not that I dislike other women. It's just that I usually feel suffocated in the presence of excessive estrogen. Everything changes, right?

I had already decided that every Sunday while the hubs is gone, I will treat myself to fro-yo. Sunday is my "free" day from my healthy living routine- I don't go to the gym, I can have pasta for dinner and brownies for breakfast, and I can have a bottle of wine instead of a glass (if I so choose). And the fro-yo place is where we had our last date before he left, so it's kind of my tribute. However, I'm not a complete hermit, and I didn't want to go alone.

I work at a gym full of women who try to live healthy, like myself, so fro-yo is more appealing than ice cream. Also, my neighbor upstairs is alone since her hubs just left also. And there's the super-nice girl who took me to church last weekend. So, I decided to send them all a Facebook event invite to join me. I didn't really expect anyone to come, and I was a little nervous since only the girls from the gym know each other. But, it turned out to be five of us, and I think we had a really good time. Girls just wanna have fun, after all. All smiles, no drama. It's strange to say this, but it's exactly what I needed yesterday. Hopefully, we can continue the ritual. I'll be there regardless, but maybe I'm not too old to make friends who will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

" Don't place your better days in the future."